Mindsight Skillz – The Karma Ninja
As part of our Warrior Skillz martial arts and personal development program for adults, we spend some time every Wednesday evening developing various mindset tools that help us view life in a more abundance-oriented way. This mindset training is a huge part of what helps our members find success in their lives.
For the past eight months, we have been working our way through an 8-part series called Mindsight. This series was created by Melody Johnson for her high-level coaching clients after reading the book ‘Mindsight’ by one of our favorite authors, Daniel Siegel.
This series of lessons and activities have been so impactful that we have decided to share it with our community. We thoroughly believe that changing our minds is the first step to changing our lives.
While we spent an entire month working our way through this journey, here is a concise introduction to help you get started on making changes in your life!
Let’s jump into the first lesson in the series: the battle between Imposter Syndrome and your inner Karma Ninja.
Anti-skill 1: IMPOSTER
Have you ever secretly asked yourself: “Why are you here? What makes you deserve this career? You are going to be found out!” Many people deep down believe they don’t truly deserve their success, nor their opportunities. The problem is, many of these people are usually highly motivated achievers who deserve what they have earned and more.
The reason why these people tend to feel this way is that they are highly empathetic and feel bad for other’s misfortunes, so they self-reflect on their own success and feel they aren’t worthy either. Another reason is that many people often rely on expert intuition to make their decisions, and this is a skill that tends to go unnoticed. Ever have a stroke of genius and get high accolades for it, but then feel like it was just luck?
What’s important to discover is that these feelings, which are common amongst most adults, is self-sabotaging and can limit your success. You must constantly work through Mindsight exercises to keep this anti-skill from taking over your mind. The solution is to master the Mindsight SKILLZ 1: KARMA NINJA.
Mindsight SKILLZ 1: KARMA NINJA
Being a KARMA NINJA is a great way to counter-attack feeling like an imposter. The concept is to do so many ‘good’ things each day, as well as work towards constantly improving your craft while aligning with other people who share the same aspirations with you so that more opportunities come your way.
Following these simple tasks will help you melt away the anti-skill of feeling like an imposter.
Here are two exercises to work on each day while you navigate through this lesson:
1. Boosting Karma
- Level 1 – You consciously execute one random act of kindness per day. For example recycling, over-tipping, giving someone a much-needed complement, donating to a charity or cause, etc.
- Level 2 – You consciously add on one more random act of kindness per day for five days in a row.
- Level 3 – You unconsciously execute random acts of kindness without having to think or ‘debate’ in your mind what and when to execute acts of kindness to a point where everything you do is always in an act of kindness.
2. Boosting Serendipitous Luck
- Level 1 – You carve out 10% of your day to perfecting your craft. For example: reading a resourceful book, blog, or podcast.
- Level 2 – You spend time daily positioning yourself as an expert in your craft. For example: writing a blog, making an inspirational post or video, or commenting on a post with a helpful answer.
- Level 3 – You don’t wait for opportunities and instead make them. You reach out to people and seek ways to work together. For example: setting up school speeches, having lunch with other successful people who you can help, and reaching out to people in your industry with ideas on how you can help. Be sure to have a solid game plan though. Don’t just ask for the opportunity and then have nothing solid to execute. For example, I can contribute ‘x’ to you on this date, and in return, I ask for ‘x’.
By keeping the KARMA NINJA mindsight, you will become more focused on your progress and not your limitations. This will have a huge impact on your overall success. This will also have a huge impact on your stress levels. Keep in mind this is a skill that needs constant attention and may not be a skill that comes naturally overnight. Nurture your KARMA NINJA skills and reward yourself as you progress. One great way to reward yourself is simply by ‘journaling’ your progress and sharing it by replying to this post!
If you’re interested in martial arts, or you are looking for a way to take control of your life and your level of success, why not check out our Warrior Skillz program:
4GK MARTIAL ARTS
380 East Main St
Patchogue, NY 11772